Thursday, August 11, 2011

LOMO AND I LEARN ABOUT FAN APATHY... TOGETHER



I'll admit, a few days before the official postponement of the SCWS Costume Party, I was a little concerned about participation. Sure, there were some people who said they were going to be there, but nobody ever emailed me to make it official. For all I knew, it was just going to be me sitting there in the right field seats, alone, dressed like a strange animal. (Although, my guess is that that scenario would've been equally as amusing.) It wound up not making a difference, since I was forced to call it off anyway, but I'm sure you can understand my concern. Am I not funny enough? Do people really not like me? I smell, don't I? Do you guys make fun of me behind my back?

Turns out, it's none of those things. No, as it turns out, Marlins fans won't show up to anything. Not a Sunday afternoon Marlins game. Not a costume party. Not even a player-sponsored event to support a real cause!



So, yeah, I'm sorry LoMo's BaseBowl event had to be postponed. That sucks. But, it sure makes me feel a hell of a lot better about my event. Hey, maybe LoMo and I could team up to throw a BaseBowl Costume Party! We'd get, like, a whole 6 people to show up!

No comments:

Post a Comment